Sawtooth Software has established a software grant that allows Masters and Ph.D. students the opportunity to use Sawtooth Software products for their research. Sawtooth Software grants full access to all necessary products to the grant recipients. The grant is available to any Masters or Ph.D. student enrolled in an accredited institution. The software grants are awarded year round to allow for differing research timelines. Applicants will be notified regarding grants typically within 1-2 weeks of submitting applications. For your benefit and ours, we do require you spend a little time familiarizing yourself with a few things before we will award you the grant.
- Your name and contact information
- Name of your institution and department
- Name of your supervising instructor
- Title and brief description of your research project (500 word max)
- List of Sawtooth Software discrete choice methods you plan to use in your research
- Short/simple explanation of what a utility score is
- How you plan on fielding your survey
- Arguments for why you selected one particular conjoint methodology over the others
- Expected completion date of your research
- Confirmation you have downloaded the demo of Lighthouse Studio and gone through the appropriate tutorial, including utility estimation, via the Help menu of the software (i.e. CBC tutorial, MaxDiff tutorial, etc.)
- Confirmation that the results of your research will not commercially benefit any individual or corporation
Applications more than two pages in total length will not be considered.
The software grants are for full, commercial versions of the software. There are no limitations on the number of respondents. If you receive an award and find that you need increased sizes or a different product please contact us and we'll see what we can do to assist you.
As part of the grant we expect a summary writeup of your research and findings we can post on our website for the benefit of others. You can view previous and current research projects at our Academic Grant Recipients page.
If you plan on fielding your survey via the internet, please check first if your school can provide a web server that meets our requirements. If not, let us know and we can help.
The software awarded is licensed solely for academic use related to obtaining your degree. Commercial use is prohibited and the subscription expires upon graduation of the award recipient or completion of the project.