When starting SSI Web Version 5.0 as a User after an Administrator has installed SSI Web, the installer tries to run, but then reports error 1706. As a result, the Windows Installer cannot continue.
Products: SSI Web
Sawtooth Software has confirmed this as a bug and plans to fix it in a future version.
After installing SSI Web as a user with administrative rights, running SSI Web as a different user may give the message:
Preparing to Install...Please wait while Windows configures Sawtooth Software SSI Web
followed by the error message:
Error 1706: No valid source could be found for product Sawtooth Software SSI Web. The Windows Installer cannot continue.
SSI Web attempts to install components when it detects they are missing. By running the program under a different user name than the one used during installation, certain components will be missing for the user. These components include:
- The folder "My Documents\SSI Web Studies"
- The file "studies.txt" in the folder "My Documents\SSI Web Studies"
If the user does not have rights to install these components, the error message appears.
- Create a folder called "SSI Web Studies" in the My Documents folder.
- Download (by right-clicking on this link and then choosing "Save Target As...") this text file (studies.txt) and place it in the SSI Web Studies folder just created.
- It is possible after the above steps that the installer will come up a couple of times as you start to use SSI Web. This is okay. Just let it install the things that it needs to and it will go away after it has discovered all missing items and installed them correctly.
If this does not solve the problem, please contact technical support for additional help.