When starting SSI Web, error messages appear stating "Install Probe check error: could not create the UTF8FILE.CoUtf8File COM object", "Install Probe check error: could not create the Xliff.Xliff COM object, and "Install Probe check error: could not create the SSILicMgrCOMAdapter.COMLicenseManager COM object".
Version: 7.0 - Current
Products: SSI Web
These components are found in some DLLs that should have been put on the system during the install. For some reason they were not "registered" with the system at that time.
You may try to register them from a command prompt. To do this, use the following instructions:
- Go to the Windows Start menu and run the program cmd.exe
- Change the directory by typing
cd "Program Files\Common Files\Sawtooth Software"and press return. If you have a 64-bit system, the directory will start with "Program Files (x86)".
- In that directory three DLLs should exist: Xliff.dll, UTF8File.dll, and SSILicMgrCOMAdapter.dll. Type the following from the command prompt, hitting return after each line. You should get a message saying registration was successful after each one.
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe /codebase Xliff.dll
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe /codebase UTF8File.dll
- C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe /codebase SSILicMgrCOMAdapter.dll
Note: If you get an error stating the path was not found, do a search on your system for the file regasm.exe. We have had users report the path to the file on their system starts with C:\WINNT instead of C:\Windows.
If this does not solve the problem, please contact technical support for additional help.