CPM is a legacy product for analyzing perceptions and preferences to produce a graphical product map. It is no longer sold or supported.
CPM Version 2.2.14
9 Feb 2010
CPM is a method for analyzing data about respondent perceptions and preferences to produce a "product map". A product map is a graphic representation of the ways people perceive products in terms of underlying attributes, as well as an aid in understanding their preferences. A valid license for this module will be required before the software may be accessed. To install the latest version of CPM, please follow these directions:
Download Program. [3.9 MB] If you previously had CPM v2.1.x installed on your computer, you must uninstall your old version before installing this update.
Launch Installation Program. For new installations: While we recommend using the default installation location, you may install the new version of CPM in any directory you choose.
Enter User ID Information. If this is a new installation, you will need to either copy the userid.chb file (which you may have received by email) into the installation directory, or import that file by launching CPM and going to
Help - About CPM / User ID .... It is easiest just to import the file, but if you choose to retype the information in the About CPM / User ID area, it must be entered exactly as it appears on the license information that accompanied your software.
CPM Version 2 Trial Version
The demonstration version of CPM is for evaluation (non-commercial) purposes only and limited to 50 respondents and 10 products. Complete documentation is included. CPM requires the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, which is already included in many recent Windows installations. If you do not already have the .NET Framework, you can install it from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com, or http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/.
To install, click the "Download Trial Version" button and save the executable file to your hard drive. Double-click the executable to start the installation.
|CPM 2.2.12||9 Oct 2009||16 MB||Download|
|CPM 2.2.10||1 Feb 2008||16 MB||Download|
|CPM 2.2.8||30 Oct 2007||16 MB||Download|
|CPM 2.2.6||18 July 2007||16 MB||Download|
|CPM 2.2.4||27 April 2007||16 MB||Download|
|CPM 2.1.1||19 October 2005||4 MB||Download|
CPM Version History
- What is CPM?
- CPM is a method for analyzing data about respondent perceptions and preferences to produce a "product map". A product map is a graphic representation of the ways people perceive products in terms of underlying attributes, as well as an aid in understanding their preferences.
We strongly suggest using the latest version of CPM.
- CPM 2.2.14 (9 February 2010)
- Bug: Map generation fails under Windows 7.
- Change: The demo version now allows up to 10 products instead of 4.
- CPM 2.2.12 (9 October 2009)
- Change: The CiW import is now compatible with SSI Web v6.6 and SSI Web v7.
- CPM 2.2.10 (1 February 2008)
- Bug: In some cases, using repondent filters would crash the system.
- CPM 2.2.8 (30 October 2007)
- Change: The CiW import is now compatible with SSI Web v6.2.
- CPM 2.2.6 (18 July 2007)
- Feature: Without a license CPM will function in demonstration mode.
- CPM 2.2.4 (27 April 2007)
- Bug: The CiW import is now compatible with SSI Web v6.
- CPM 2.2.2 (18 April 2007)
- Change: Updated to work with the .NET Framework 2.0 and Windows Vista.
- Bug: Corrected minor UTF-8 issues.
- CPM 2.2.0 (21 Mar 2006)
- Change: Management of User Ids has changed to allow import of new .userid files.
- Bug: Corrected limitation issues for lab licenses.
- Bug: The Duplicate, Remove and Rename buttons are enabled when the Generate Maps dialog is displayed and there are no map profiles. Clicking one of the buttons causes an error.
- Bug: An error occurs when trying to save to a read-only file.
- Bug: The main window would not appear after closing the application while it was minimized.
- CPM 2.1.1 (19 Oct 2005)
- Feature: lab license allowing 10 products and 15 attributes is available to qualified educational institutions.
- CPM 2.1.0 (23 Mar 2005)
- Feature: A new CiW v5 template and importer have been added.
- Feature: The amount of whitespace around a map is now variable (previously maps always occupied 80% of the map space).
- Change: The ASCII importer now accepts floating point data.
- Change: Respondent filters now accept floating point data.
- Bug: There was an error in the way maps were generated from previous maps. This bug is present in CPM v1.x and v2.x.
- Bug: If generation of a map fails, closing the map could crash the program.
- Bug: If loading a previously saved map or resetting a map, the display size menu may be incorrect.
- Bug: Profile settings would be displayed without any profiles present.
- Bug: Selecting from the most recently used list may result in the wrong study loading.
- CPM 2.0.1 (12 Oct 2004)
- Bug: While importing data from Ci3, when extracting ratings of products on attributes for each respondent, the last product's ratings are incorrectly determined to be missing. The corresponding row in the PCP file will contain all zeros.
- CPM 2.0.0 (8 Sep 2004)
- Initial Release