Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Simultaneous Tying Algorithm

Hi All,

I would like to use the simultaneous tying algorithm in order to impose monotonicity constraints in a WinBugs model. Is there more information on the algorithm available / published? An example with numbers would be helpful.

Many Thanks and Best Regards
Rainer
asked Mar 11, 2016 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Have you read Rich Johnson's 2000 paper entitled, "Monotonicity Constraints in Choice-Based Conjoint with Hierarchical Bayes"? You can view the paper on the Sawtooth Software website at https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/download/techpap/hbmono.pdf.  If you still have questions after reading the paper, please write us back.

--Aaron
answered Mar 11, 2016 by Aaron Hill Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (7,960 points)
Thanks for the hint. Yes, I read the paper already but from my perspective it only illustrates the basic idea of "tying" parameters. I would need technical guidance how tying draws post hoc (not simultaneous tying, sorry) is done exactly.  An example with numbers would be very helpful. In the paper you are also talking about a stand alone program to perform post hoc tying. Is it possible to use this program for parameters from a poisson regression?