Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Mobile compatible graphics

Hi Team,

I'm using SSI Web 8.4.8. I'm really dissatisfied with the resolution of the radio button and checkboxes in all the SSI styles you provide.
In a normal mobile phone, the resolution is at least 300ppi, which is even more in iPhones. The checkboxes and radio buttons are of really low resolution. On a PC, it seems fine since the pixel density is all the way low. But on a mobile display, radio and checkboxes looks very very blurred. I couldn't even find any high resolution button images on the internet(may be I'm not a good googler). Even why should I? After buying such a costly license of yours, are we really supposed to google images for this over internet? Though I haven't tried Lighthouse, are there similar radio and checkbox images for this version?
Is there any way you can help me with?
asked Mar 2, 2016 by Niks Bronze (620 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
Hi Niks. The nice thing about Lighthouse Studio (formerly SSI Web) is that you can go into Survey Settings > General Format and use your own graphics as radio buttons, checkboxes, and previous and next buttons. I prefer to use SVG (scalable vector graphics) for these images because they scale and look good on any device, regardless of size.

We added three new survey styles (Archivo, Lato, and Lora)  to Lighthouse Studio 9 that come with those graphic types pre-loaded via their stylesheets, but you can use SVG graphics in previous versions even though it isn't a supported file type in the software dialogs--you simply specify the complete filename with its extension; i.e. graphic.svg.

Here is a link to the SVG graphics used in these new styles.

http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/download/SVGButtonSamples.zip
answered Mar 2, 2016 by Nathan Bryce Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (7,550 points)
selected Mar 2, 2016 by Niks
Thanks! Much appreciated.