Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to switch back to SSI Web 8.2.4?

Hi all!

I have made my study using SSI Web 8.4.8 but there are some free format changes Sawtooth has done in SSI Web 8.4.8 which were not there in SSI Web 8.2.4. I'm now stuck with a free format question and cannot proceed. I was sort of "used to" of the older version! All I want now is to just switch back to the old version. Is it possible to get my study converted back to the older version of SSI, i.e., SSI Web 8.2.4?

Please help.
asked Jan 24, 2016 by Niks Bronze (620 points)
retagged Sep 1, 2016 by Walter Williams

3 Answers

+1 vote
When you open up a study in an old version with a newer version the study is converted but a backup folder is created and a copy of the old version is saved.  You should find the backup folder right next to your current files.  Send an e-mail to support@sawtoothsoftware.com and we can give you a link to download older versions.
answered Feb 3, 2016 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,710 points)
I didn't convert my study in 8.2.4 to 8.4.8, instead I created a fresh new study in 8.4.8.
Whoops, sorry I didn't read that correctly.

If the second number changes in the version, it's very unlikely that you can move backwards as typically there was some type of feature, new question, etc. that was added.  The old version won't know what to do with that new setting/question/feature and won't be able to open it.

Out of curiosity, what was the free format change  you are referring to?
In 8.4.8, for numeric text in free format, we now have to include a class as "numeric_input". Otherwise it throws a JavaScript error.
Isn't that just a find and replace issue?  Seems risky to use a version from 2-3 years ago with known bugs that have been fixed to avoid that.
0 votes
The only thing that you can do is to swicth 2.2.4 from 8.4.8 you copy the list from that version this and regarding free format you can try as a fresh
answered Feb 3, 2016 by sandeepkapalawai Bronze (1,440 points)
0 votes
Generally launching 2 different version at the same time and copy - paste trick works for me.
answered Mar 15, 2016 by Mithat Bronze (4,010 points)