Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Analyse data from ACBC

Hello :)

Is there anywhere something like a glossary that explains the output data from an ACBC? I managed to get all data into Excel. However, I don't understand all column labels and sometimes I get confused with the input.

For example, xxx_Unacceptable1 say "1" and  xxx_Unacceptable1_shown is [[6,1],[3,2]]. This one I understand. So the respondent received in the Unacceptable-Task level 1 of attribut 6 and level 2 of attribut 3. He/she chose level 1 of attribut 6.
But when it comes to the MustHave's, then there is for example in the xxx_MustHave1_shown three digits [6,1,0] ... What does the 0 mean?

Another thing is in the xxx_ChoiceTask1_shown. What do the numbers repesent? Is the 0 equal to the BYO?
And xxx_ChoiceTask1, does a 1 mean that the person only chose 1 of the 3 products shown? Or does it mean when xxx_ChoiceTask1_shown say 12,26,12 that the person chose 12?

Some other columns have confusing endings, such as sys_ACBC_xxx_pricelevels4 and nothing in the columns apart from an occational [].

Thanks a lot for your help :)

And a merry Christmas to all of you!
asked Dec 22, 2015 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
You don't really want to be looking at the raw data for ACBC, as it's is all related to the index number of a profile and difficult to make sense of while looking at just once piece at a time.

The counts report, run from the Analysis menu, will aggregate and summarize all of the BYO, screener, must-have and unacceptable information for you.

The utility information (typically from the HB option under the Analysis menu) creates a set of utility scores that fit all of the choices that someone gave us.  If you have never run a conjoint before, I would recommend reading a short paper about interpreting the output of a conjoint, and a second about market simulations at http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/beginner-papers
answered Dec 23, 2015 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,015 points)