Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

ACBC - after BYO, screening and tournament: give preferred product

Hi all,

I'm doing an ACBC with a BYO followed by some screening and tournament tasks. The ACBC is about purchase decisions for a product.
So after those tasks, I want to display the repsondent's preferred product.

So far I created a table and displayed the winner label with
[% Begin Unverified Perl ACBCWINNERLABEL (ExerciseName, Attribute#)
End Unverified %]

But what I want to analyse in the end is whether the BYO is also the preferred product or not. Just to see if there is a difference between what the respondent initially says is his favourite and what the software calculates.

Anyone an idea how I can do that?
asked Dec 12, 2015 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Best answer
This will be super easy, because in the Counting analysis report that ACBC gives you (off of the Analysis menu in the software), it reports by respondent what the BYO selections were and what the attribute level composition is of the "winning" product from the Tournament.  So, just read that file into Excel, SPSS, SAS, R or whatever you use for analysis and compare the results by person.

I'm assuming you are selecting the option in the ACBC interface to include the BYO chosen concept within the choice tournament.  Otherwise, you won't be able to know if the BYO concept ended up being the winner or one of the near-neighbor concepts seeded by the BYO concept.

And, the software doesn't really "calculate" what the respondent's favorite product is.  The software generates using a randomized design (with balancing and optimizing code) near-neighbor product concepts that share a lot of characteristics with the BYO specified product, but systematically investigate the other levels of the attributes.  Whichever product concept the respondent picks is the winning concept from the pool of near-neighbor cards is the one that will be reported the "winning concept" for the respondent.
answered Dec 12, 2015 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (136,165 points)