Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Removing answer options from a second question on same page

I need to have two multiple response questions on the SAME PAGE page in an SSI web questionnaire but the second question should display response options based on what is selected in the first question.
More specifically: There a 10 response options to each question (all are the same). The response options selected in the first question should dissapear from the second question.
Anyone have a solution for this?
asked Oct 1, 2015 by olafur (150 points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Best answer
You need to use Jquery to show/hide option in second question based on selection from first question.
answered Oct 2, 2015 by Rajesh Rana Gold (23,530 points)
selected Oct 5, 2015 by olafur
Thanks ranarajesh85.
I was aware of this - I was just hoping that someone might be able to to share an example script for doing this.
0 votes
Hello olafur !

Please try this this may helps you:)

ADD(QList)
Begin Unverified Perl
if(VALUE("Q_1")==1)
{
    REMOVE("QList",1)
}
if(VALUE("Q_2")==1)
{
    REMOVE("QList",2)
}
if(VALUE("Q_3")==1)
{
    REMOVE("QList",3)
}
End Unverified
answered Feb 3, 2016 by Saritha potu Bronze (500 points)
Using Perl will work if the questions are on separate pages. If they are on the same page. you can write JavaScript verification to make sure the same answer is not mentioned in both columns as such ...
if(SSI_GetValue("Q1_c1")==SSI_GetValue("Q1_c2"))
 {
  strErrorMessage="Please ensure the 1st and 2nd columns are not the same.";
 }
else
 { 
  strErrorMessage="";
 }

Another alternative is to use Jquery to hide or grey out the check box / radio button. This code is a bit fancier however.
Thanks for letting me know this !