Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How can I use Latent Class Data in HB ?

I have run a Latent Class that indicates a three group segmentation is the best. Now I would like to run a HB in SSI Web for each group but couldn't find a way to use my Latent Class Data for it. Which file does the estimation use and can I edit it (e.g. just leave the data of one group in it) or is there another way to do this ?

Thank you very much for your advice.
asked Sep 16, 2015 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
HB estimation is similar to Latent Class in that you use the original choice data and come up with a model.  However, instead of group-level models, HB will come up with a model for each individual respondent.

You run HB very similarly to Latent Class.  If you are on older versions of the software, export out your .cho file and use the standalone CBC/HB software.  If you are on a more current version, select HB from the analysis menu.

Most people would use the HB utilities to calculate share predictions in a simulator, and use the Latent Class group assignments as segmentation variables.
answered Sep 16, 2015 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,610 points)