Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

CBC - Calculating WTP on the basis of HB-Estimation

Hello,
I have a question regarding my CBC-Analysis and the calculation of the WTP. I used three attributes in my design, one of them is the price. Each attribute has 3 characteristics.  I have already done a HB-Estimation with the price as linear-coded. Now I would like to know, how much money people are willing to pay for one of the attributes. Is it correct, if I devide the Part-Worth from this characteristic through the value I have got for the price and multiply it with (-1) ?
asked Sep 10, 2015 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
This WTP type of analysis is one economics folks like to do but it is fraught with difficulty.  We generally recommend against estimating WTP.  

Description about how common ways to compute WTP followed by warnings about why such calculations may be misleading is described at: http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/support/technical-papers/general-conjoint-analysis/assessing-the-monetary-value-of-attribute-levels-with-conjoint-analysis-warnings-and-suggestions-2001
answered Sep 10, 2015 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (132,290 points)