Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

2 concepts stay across the 2 choice tasks

Dear Brian,
Thanks a lot for your rapid and useful answer. I actually thought about this solution of creating two exercises.

But then I was wondering how sawtooth ascribes the versions (block) to each respondent, that is: could it be that one respondent faces version 1 in the first exercise and version 2 in the second exercise?

If this is the case, then I have a problem because I want 2 alternatives to appear identically in the 2 choice tasks. (This is also a problem if the tasks are not always displayed in the designed order, that is, exercise1 shows first task 1 and exercise2 shows first task 3 for instance).

If this is not the case (and it seems to be not the case when I use the preview), then my problem is solved, thanks a lot!
asked Sep 8, 2015 by Sandra

1 Answer

0 votes
I just checked with our developers.  They say that as long as the number of total versions of the design is the same between exercises, the version number will stay in sync because version# is tied to internal respondent#.  Please test, of course.
answered Sep 8, 2015 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (140,065 points)