Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Hierarchical Bayes Regression model for ACBC

Hi all,

I know how to estimate utilities for CBC studies but I was wondering how to proceed for ACBC studies : how do you write the regression model for each different part (BYO, screening phase, CBC) ?

If you have any hint or link to great documentation, I'm interested.

Thank you !

Regards.
asked Sep 7, 2015 by ali (140 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
The ACBC software does this automatically for you as built within the SSI Web system.

If you want to see how the choice sets are developed from each section, you can export your ACBC data to a .CHO file.  The .CHO file is a text-only file whose layout is described within the CBC/HB software documentation.

To export a .CHO file from your ACBC study, click File + Data Management + Add Job + Add  

...then choose "ACBC (*.CHO, *.ATT)" format.

Things can get trickier for ACBC coding for HB estimation if using constructed lists of levels for an attribute.  I can give you more details if you write me directly.

We've published a brief description of how the ACBC data are coded for HB estimation on page 14 at: file:///C:/Users/bryan.SAWTOOTHLAN/Downloads/acbctech2014.pdf

If after reviewing page 14 of that article you have further questions, you should email me directly at bryan at sawtooth software dot com.
answered Sep 8, 2015 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (132,290 points)