Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Maximum Value in a Grid

I want to determine max Values / min Values in Grid question. That value is necessary for a recall. .
Question Direction is : Rows . Single answer.

Is there a way to do it ?

Regards
asked Jul 20, 2015 by K-Jo (220 points)
I don't quite understand your question.  Are the rows radio buttons or numeric inputs?
Yes, radio buttons for only one answer per row. No numeric input.

1 Answer

0 votes
Grid radio buttons are referenced like this: QuestionName_r# where # is the number that corresponds to the list index.  If you wanted to reference the radio button selected for the first row of a question called Q14, the variable in the data of the respondents would be Q14_r1.

If you wanted to reference this value in, say, the header of another question, you could put it inside SSI Scripting tags like this:

Please tell me why you rated my brand [%Q14_r1%].

If you wanted to investigate the minimum and maximum values used along the scale, you could build a constructed list using the AddSorted() function.  You could then reference which item is first and last, and also reference the value of the first and the last item.  If you haven't done any constructed list building before, check out the help files at http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/help/issues/ssiweb/online_help/index.html?hid_web_listbuilding.htm.
answered Jul 20, 2015 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,915 points)