Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Admin module - Passwords table

Hi forum,

I have noticed that the Passwords Table in the Admin Module, under Survey Administration\Advanced is about 15,000 records longer than the actual list of passwords in my SSI file. I am unsure why records are duplicated. Has anyone else experienced this?

The survey itself appears to be unaffected. I worry that the duplicated records can actually take the survey twice.

We are live so resetting the survey is not an option.

Thanks.
asked Jun 15, 2015 by WTW_cal Bronze (1,145 points)
retagged Jun 15, 2015 by Walter Williams

2 Answers

0 votes
That appears odd?

Here's a possibility - Did you copy this survey from an older survey and leave the passwords in from the old survey?

Sawtooth Software by default would flag duplicate passwords and warn you upon validation of the survey. So there must be a bunch of different passwords in there?

Go and check your password count by clicking on the key button in the authoring tool and click on Password Data. That should indicate what you uploaded.

When you ran your invitation/reminder campaigns, I'm sure you only sent them out to the valid respondents and therefore the invalid (old) sample would not have received a survey link so no damage could be caused anyway.

If my suggestion did not happen, I would contact Sawtooth Software support directly for other possibilities.
answered Jun 15, 2015 by Paul Moon Platinum (57,115 points)
0 votes
This looks like something that you need to send into support so that we can take a look.
answered Jun 16, 2015 by Justin Luster Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (5,395 points)
Justin, I made a blue in the past where I witnessed a similar issue. I realised I had left the old sample in after copying an older job and noticed more sample than expected. But the difference between the sample counts through the admin module and authoring tool makes no sense. Did something happen during the auto upload?