Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Volumetric CBC Like CVA?

I am playing around with different possibilities to solve a client problem about how frequently respondents would use a product configured with 6 attributes, with 2-5 levels per attribute.  The product would be something that could be used on a daily basis under different pricing structures (i.e., pay per use, monthly payment, etc.) so the client wants to know which pay structure best optimizes usage and revenue.

One possibility I considered (but I think I have an alternative plan) would be to show a one concept per screen as a volumetric CBC compared to the NONE level (which could be renamed to be the main competitor as a constant alternative).  It seems to me that this is very close to the old CVA.

So my questions are:
1. Is there any inherent problem in doing it like this?
2. Am I missing a "better" method?
3. My "better" method is just to do it as a discrete choice CBC with follow up questions in between each task asking open ended numerically how often they would use it.  Then I can do two models, one with the discrete choices (to determine share vs. constant alternative competitors), and one with the volumetrics (to determine usage frequency).  Any concerns with doing that?

Thanks!
Joel
asked Jun 11, 2015 by Joel Anderson Bronze (1,310 points)

Your answer

Please only use this to answer the original question. Otherwise please use comments.
Your name to display (optional):
Privacy: Your email address will only be used for sending these notifications.
Anti-spam verification:

To avoid this verification in future, please log in or register.