Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

What is the file format for an .ATT file to be read by CBC/HB?

Can anyone please provide me with the file format specs for an .ATT file?  I'm importing my own data into CBC/HB and I would like to have this information read in as well so that I don't have to type in it manually.

Also, not sure if this is possible, but is there a way to specify the interactions I want to include as well or can this only be done through the CBC/HB interface?
asked Feb 27, 2012 by anonymous

2 Answers

+3 votes
Levels are separated by a blank line and attributes by two blank lines, like this:
JVC

RCA

Sony

25" screen

26" screen

27" screen

Mono sound

Stereo sound

Surround sound

:No blockout

Channel blockout

:No pip

Picture in picture

$300

$350

$400

$450

The colon that appears at the beginning of a level denotes to the interview module to not display the text of that level.  It has no use in CBC/HB.

As for interactions, they must be specified in the interface or via the console interface.
answered Feb 27, 2012 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (15,275 points)
+2 votes
It's really easy, to be done with a text editor like notepad (saved in ASCII or ANSI format).  Each level gets its own line in the file.  A single hard-return between levels within an attribute, and two blank lines between attributes.  For example:

Brand A

Brand B

Brand C

Price 1

Price 2

Price 3

Interactions should be done through the interface.
answered Feb 27, 2012 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (139,115 points)
edited Feb 27, 2012 by Bryan Orme