Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Importing data into SMRT in .hbu format

Hi,

Where can I find an end to end tutorial that explains step by step how to use the Desktop version of SMRT? I am particularly looking to use data from a study created and fielded using SSI Web v8. This gives me data in a .hbu format but when I try to import that into SMRT, I am somehow only able to import .cho files.
The help window within SMRT isn't very useful in this regard.

Thanks!
asked Apr 17, 2015 by anonymous

1 Answer

+1 vote
Here's the documentation: http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/help/issues/ssiweb/online_help/index.html?hid_smrt_importingutilityruns.htm

Here's my quick summary:

1) First import your .HBU file into the market simulator, so you can use HB utilities.  First do that by establishing a new project name (type CBC) in SMRT and clicking Analysis + Run Manager + Import (and browsing to the .HBU file).

2) And, if you additionally want to import the .CHO file into SMRT for running Counting analysis within SMRT, then after importing your .HBU file, you additionally (within SMRT) click File + Import (and then browse to your .CHO file).
answered Apr 17, 2015 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (128,365 points)