Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Conditional CSS or survey styles possible?

Hi, I'd like to know if there is a possibility to have the CSS or survey style used to depend on the survey access password or merged fields?
Many thanks, Thomas
asked Feb 23, 2012 by thagel (255 points)
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams

2 Answers

0 votes
I haven't checked it but should still work, http://www.inetsolution.com/turnleft/post/CSS-Style-Switcher-A-quick-and-dirty-how-to.aspx

instead of onclick, you need to check your merged value
answered Feb 23, 2012 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (16,930 points)
0 votes
It's probably possible to write some script into the global Head tag area that could reference different CSS files to inherit based on a merged field (i.e. the merged field was the name of the file or the relative pathway).  Never having done it myself, though, if you are using passwords and know the people you are sending the links to, I would imagine it would be easier to simply save a copy of your survey, change the style sheet, and direct people to different versions of the survey?  Since the questions are all going to be the same, you can aggregate your data together for one single export or utility estimation.
answered Feb 23, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,315 points)