Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to transform a csv-file into a generic conjoint file (.hbu)?

Hello,

I have a .csv-file in which the individual-level part-worths are included (obtained by means of a CBC/HB analysis).

Now, I would like to create an input file for the market simulator (smt or hbu). Which Sawtooth module should I use and how can I transform the part-worths from the .csv-file into the correct simulation format?

Note: Although I have access to all Sawtooth modules (academic license), the .csv-file is my only data source.

Thank you very much for your help!

All the best,

Reiner
asked Mar 26, 2015 by Reiner
CBC/HB will produce the appropriate .hbu file as well as the .csv file.  If you are using the standalone product, you may have to enable it in Edit | Preferences.  If you are using CBC/HB within SSI Web, it will always be written.

There is no automatic way to convert a .csv to a .hbu.

1 Answer

0 votes
With some data manipulation (perhaps done in text editor), you could follow the format as described at:

https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/help/issues/ssiweb/online_help/index.html?hid_smrt_datamanagementtools.htm

...to create the .hbu file.

--Bryan
answered Mar 27, 2015 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (128,365 points)