Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

SETVALUE with Quotas

Hello all,
I would like to use quotas to record the number of respondents who get to a certain question along demographic lines (gender, age, region), however I expect most respondents to disqualify after answering the question.

Given that Quotas only record a value if a respondent qualifies and completes the survey I was hoping to use SETVALUE statements to manually add to the Quota once a respondent reaches a certain point. However the SETVALUE function does not appear to work with setting quota values.

Is anyone aware of a way to manually add respondents to qualify for a quota cell even if that respondent disqualifies for the full survey?

Thank you!
asked Mar 21, 2015 by Andrew

2 Answers

0 votes
We do create separate custom reporting to show census balancing. Another way, to use Data->Reports to get current count on all.
answered Mar 22, 2015 by Rajesh Rana Gold (23,330 points)
0 votes
Sorry, a quota spot is only officially used when someone hits a terminate/link page set to Qualified Complete after having passed through the quota.
answered Mar 23, 2015 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (36,985 points)