Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

covariate estimation (acbc)

Thank you Bryan and I am sorry, but I don't get this part that you have advised before  "use of the normalized part-worth utilities (the point estimates) per individual, via F-test or T-test on the part-worth parameters or on the attribute importance scores"
Isnt the part-worth parameter is just one and same number for all respondents? How can I run F-test (ANOVA) with that?

I take the part-worth utilities per individual from hb_utilities.csv output. But where do I get the part-worth parameters ? Isnt it the "Average Utilities" on summary tab ?
related to an answer for: covariate estimation (acbc)
asked Dec 13, 2014 by Mir (400 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Dear Mir,

Sorry, for me "parameters" and "utilities" are just interchangeable words.  I didn't mean to suggest using the average utilities in an F-Test, of course.

I suggest that since your questions involve so many mechanics of how to make the software work that on Monday, when our office is open, you get friendly with our technical support staff.  You can call them at 801/477-4700 or write them at support at sawtoothsoftware dot com.  If you could carry on a couple phone conversations with our support staff, I think it will get you much quicker through the steps you need rather than continuing to iterate on this forum.  We've now had 15 posts back and forth up on this forum and I feel like we haven't made very good headway for you.  So, this just seems an inefficient way to help you.
answered Dec 13, 2014 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (132,190 points)
edited Dec 13, 2014 by Bryan Orme
thank you.
i contacted the support staff and thank you very much for your help so far!