Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Is it possible to use ACBC-BYO just as an intro to traditional CBC with different attributes?

I would like to use BYO as an introduction to my survey about consumer reviews, to increase the reality of it. I would like to create a BYO page in which respondent is just selecting number of features (which are limited to only one for each attribute) and then directed to my CBC survey about review characteristics, that is fictionally presented as the result of the BYO.
Is it possible to do this? and if it is, I would be glad if you could tell me how.

Thank you !

Regards,
Miran
asked Dec 3, 2014 by Miran

1 Answer

0 votes
Yes, as long as you have both ACBC and CBC licenses, you can insert both multiple ACBC exercises and CBC exercises within the same SSI Web project.

To make an ACBC exercise that just has a BYO question, just specify that there are to be no Screener pages, no Must Haves, no Unacceptables, and no concepts brought forward into the Tournament.  Program the ACBC exercise otherwise as you normally would.

Then, add a CBC exercise directly after the ACBC exercise.

For users without an ACBC license who want to add a BYO question prior to the CBC exercise to introduce respondents to the attribute and levels, they can add a series of drop-down Select questions on the same page prior to CBC (or with more sophistication can add a Free Format question with a BYO question).
answered Dec 3, 2014 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (147,915 points)
Thank you !