Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Is it possible to use BYO just as a fictional introduction to CBC survey ?

I would like to know whether it is possible or not to include a BYO intro to a CBC survey that i am designing about customer reviews. I want to include a BYO introduction just to increase interaction and reality of the survey, in which the respondent is choosing few features about the product and then she gets directed to a page which is presented as the results of the query but is actually my CBC survey that is using review characteristics as attributes.

I would be glad if you could tell me whether that is possible or not and how can that be done.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Miran
asked Dec 2, 2014 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Anything is possible!

If you are licensed for Adaptive CBC, you could create an exercise that only has a BYO question, and then have your normal CBC exercise.  That approach would then beg the question (at least form me) as to why not just run a normal ACBC exercise and include the BYO question in your model?

If you were not licensed for ACBC, then you could create your own BYO question using the Free Format question type in SSI Web (it would require some JavaScript knowledge if you wanted to sum up prices dynamically), and then go in to your normal CBC question (though it would be possible to take the BYO information and add it to the CBC data, albeit manually).
answered Dec 5, 2014 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,015 points)