Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Merging CHO.Files from separate CBC-Datasets

Dear Sawtooth-Forum Community,

there are two more question in course of my master thesis I have to rely on outside help:

1) How do I merge  raw data and .CHO files in case that I have collected group-spefic data with three separate CBC-projects resulting in three .CHO files? I want to estimate all utilities simultaneously with HB

2) When conducting HB I have never seen an option to define covariates. How does the definition of covariates work?

Once again thank you very very much!

Thomas
asked Nov 28, 2014 by Thomas

1 Answer

+1 vote
First, make sure the Respondent IDs in your .cho files are unique if you want to merge them. CBC/HB won't like duplicate respondent numbers, and you need to establish unique IDs to be able to identify them with a group membership variable.

Second, you do not need to put the group membership within the .cho files.  Within CBC/HB software, you can point the software to a separate .csv file that has the respondent ID and group membership defined.

Within CBC/HB software, you find the option of specifying covariates under the Advanced tab, "Use Covariates" radio button.

To read more about how covariates in CBC/HB works, read the following paper: http://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/downloadPDF.php?file=HBCovariates.pdf
answered Nov 28, 2014 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (128,265 points)