Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

The R-squared in the reports is the adjusted R-squared? and for RLH?

I am analysing the result reports and I was wondering about the determination coefficient (R-squared) and the RLH.
The process to calculate the R-squared I know is the following:
Once the terms of the regression are obtained, an ANOVA is used to assess its significance and the not significant terms are excluded from the regression equation, at this moment a determination coefficient is calculated. Then the ANOVA is run again, obtaining a different R-squared value which should be the adjusted R-squared due to the fact that now the regression equation only considers significant values.

So, does the determination coefficients for each respondent in the SSI report corresponds to the adjusted R-squared values?

In the CBC, the same doubt is for the RLH which can be seen as a similar to the determination coefficient.
asked Nov 14, 2014 by Alvaro

1 Answer

0 votes
Could you please tell us which software report you are talking about that is reporting R-Squared and RLH?  You say "SSI report".  But, SSI Web software can do many things: MaxDiff, CBC, ACA, CVA, and ACBC.  And, there are various procedures under some of these methods, such as utility estimation, calibration to "Calibration Concepts," etc.
answered Nov 14, 2014 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (141,665 points)
I am running the CVA and CBC and the reports are for utility estimation, in the CVA with OLS and CBC with HB.