Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

TeamViewer 7 freezes SSI Web -- any fix?

Hi ... I recently installed TeamViewer 7 to be able to control my desktop from my laptop and vice versa. When using SSI Web after the install, I went to Password Data and SSI Web froze. After uninstalling TeamViewer 7, all was well again with SSI Web. Is there any work-around for this incompatibility? TeamViewer is a helpful application and I'd like to use both.
asked Feb 5, 2012 by anonymous

1 Answer

+1 vote
Hello,

We're not aware of any compatibility issues with SSI Web and other software packages.  

Many times when a user finds that the software "freezes" when a particular window is displayed, the dialog box is in fact being "displayed" on a second monitor that has been disconnected.  If this could be the case, try one of the following:
(1) reconnect the second monitor
(2) while in the "frozen" state, hit Alt+Space on the keyboard, then hit the "m" key, then use the arrow keys to move the window back onto the main display
(3) if you're comfortable navigating the registry, run regedit and delete the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Sawtooth Software\CiW\Password Data Dialog".  This will reset the location of the window display for the Password Data dialog box.  There are keys for other dialog boxes located in ..\CiW, and they may be removed as well.
answered Feb 6, 2012 by Gary Baker Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (7,805 points)