Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Is sensitivity analysis going to be available in the Online simulator?

Hi,
I've been playing with the Online Simulator and noticed that there is no an option to produce sensitivity analysis in one step as it is possible to do in SMRT Market Simulator. Can you please tell me if there is a plan to extend the Online Simulator functionality (in any direction, not only sensitivity)?
Thank you in advance for your answer.
Kind regards
Anna
asked Sep 9, 2014 by AnnaD (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
This is a fine question.   Indeed, we would like to put sensitivity analysis into the Online Simulator.  However, our immediate push is in building a new market simulator within the SSI Web v9 platform (Windows-installed desktop software).  That simulator within SSI Web v9 will have the capabilities of SMRT, plus many more...all within a nicer user interface.  We're hoping for a solid beta release of that before the end of the year.

I don't know when we will turn our attentions again to extend the Online Simulator's capabilities to include sensitivity analysis.  We're a 30-year company, so we have a long range view on things.  Unfortunately, that often means we might have something planned, but it could take multiple years to do it!  I wish software development were easier and more instantaneous.  But, the challenge is what also makes it so engaging and rewarding!
answered Sep 9, 2014 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (132,290 points)
Thank you very much for the answer.