Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Storyboard maxdiff results - possible?

I am evaluating 20 messages via maxdiff to find relative importance of message and eventually find optimal message bundle via maxdiff turf.

However, along with bundling, I want to know in which order the messages should be presented that makes most compelling story.

In non-maxdiff environment, I would typically ask respondent to pick most compelling messages and then pipe the chosen messages to rank order based on story flow. However, because only piped messages are being story boarded, my data will be very sparse.

Is there way in maxdiff to assess both relative importance and story boarding of top messages?
asked Aug 22, 2014 by Mike

1 Answer

0 votes
I don't see a way to do that with just MaxDiff data alone.  But, next time you do this, you might think about using the ability within SSI Web + MaxDiff software to compute "scores on the fly" for MaxDiff and to ask the respondents to storyboard flow their top few items (as scored via MaxDiff).
answered Aug 22, 2014 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (132,190 points)
Bryan,

Thanks for your reply. I did thought of maxdiff on the fly but I am worried about data sparseness as only winning messages (4-5) will be evaluated for story flow and how do we fill the data holes then?