Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How do I display labels for CBC options

I want to display labels above the different options respondents can choose between in a CBC e.g. 'Option 1', 'Option 2' etc. but obviously don't want to make the label an attribute.

I can't find an option to do this and adding labels manually to the header field seems problematic because the spacing changes depending on what browser respondents use.

Any advice on how to implement this properly?

Thanks
asked Jan 18, 2012 by anonymous
retagged Sep 13, 2012 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
Good question.  We hope to add this as a feature in SSI Web v8.something.  

But, the quick-and-dirty way is to put some HTML into the Header 2 of the CBC task.  Put in a table, with cell widths exactly equal to the widths being used in the CBC tasks (you can "view source" when you are previewing the page to grab the exact widths being used...or you can just do it by trial-by-error until it looks right).
answered Jan 18, 2012 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (163,515 points)
Thanks Bryan, that worked a charm. With the labels in a table they don't seem to move around any more.
Not ideall, but I've always done this via a fake attribute with levels such as:
1. current
2. alternative 1
3. altternative 2
etc
and edited the design file to ensure these labels always appear in the, invariant, appropriate columns of the set.

Dan