Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Quota on randomized blocks of questions.

Hi everyone,

I have 114 questions which I have organized into 19 blocks (6 Q/block). Then I have made a constructed list, which is the base for randomizing these blocks. Now I want quotas on every block. How can I do this? These far I tried lots of versions and none was good. In the best case, it showed me that the respondent went through all the quotas (19) but, in reality he responded only at 6 blocks  (which is OK/ the randomizantion went right).

Thanks
asked Jul 2, 2014 by valentin (120 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
I'd reverse your order I think.  Make a quota with 19 cells, with the logic for each set to Always Qualify.  Then, add your blocks through the Block Randomization option in SSI Web, but use a constructed list to control the block.

For the lists, make a parent list with 19 list items, then make a constructed list where you put ADD(ParentListName,QuotaName).  QuotaName will return the quota cell they were assigned to, so you would get something like this: ADD(ParentListName,4).  The 4th list item will be added, which will have the respondent see block 4 and nothing else of the survey.
answered Jul 2, 2014 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,015 points)