Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

CBCDesignLevelValue - how to deal with randomized attribute order?

I am using the above function to retrieve the displayed text of an attribute and to use it in a subsequent question (in short it is something like "in last question you selected an option which makes you save X USD a year", X being the displayed text of the CBC attribute. My CBC is named OWNERdce. In my design the attribute giving the value of X is the number 2 hence I try to use:
[% CBCDesignLevelValue(OWNERdce_Random1, OWNERdce_Random1 , 2) %]

However, this works fine when attribute order is not randomized (each respondent seeing attributes in a different order). When it is randomized (and we would like it to be to minimize order effects) it turns out "2" refers to whichever attribute is the second attribute displayed to this respondent and not my attribute of interest. Is there a way around this?
asked Jun 27, 2014 by Albatus Bronze (545 points)
retagged Jun 27, 2014 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
Is it possible to apply constructed list to solve this problem?
answered Aug 26, 2014 by ericdee Bronze (1,800 points)
Probably.  If attribute randomization is turned on, you need to use CBCAttributeValue (ExerciseName_CBCQuestionName, ConceptPosition#, LevelTextPosition#) inside some if/then Perl logic to figure out where the attribute you want to reference ended up, and then look at a list of levels accordingly.