Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

ACBC Conditional Display in Must Have/Unacceptables

Hi Guys,

I currently have two different displays for my lists;

1.  How I want each level to be displayed in the BYO
2.  How I want each level to be displayed in the Screeners etc..

I have done this using single attribute conditional display.

However, when it comes to the must have sections the levels then revert back to the display type in the BYO, which does not necessarily make sense in the context of the question I am asking.

So I would like to know if it possible to change the way levels are displayed in the must have / unacceptable questions.

Thanks,

Dean
asked Jun 11, 2014 by djtindall (380 points)
retagged Jun 19, 2017 by Walter Williams

1 Answer

0 votes
If the Conditional Display area doesn't give you the flexibility you need, then you can control the display of text or graphics for a single attribute using some unverified Perl syntax.  Just input syntax such as the following examples in the List Manager area where you are specifying your attribute level texts.  Note that in the example below, it's assuming your ACBC exercise name is "myacbc".  You'll need to replace with whatever your exercise name is.  Also,

[% 
begin unverified perl
if(QUESTIONNAME() eq "myacbc_BYO"|| 
QUESTIONNAME() eq "myacbc_MustHave1"|| 
QUESTIONNAME() eq "myacbc_MustHave2"|| 
QUESTIONNAME() eq "myacbc_MustHave3")
{
return "No hybrid capability";
}
else
{
return "";
}
end unverified
%]

Here's another example from the ACBC documenation (where the exercise name is "widget"):

[% 

begin unverified perl

if(QUESTIONNAME() eq "widgit_BYO")

{

return "Here's the level text to show in the BYO question for Attribute 3 Level 1";
}
else
{
return "Text for Attribute 3 Level 1";
}
end unverified
%]

"Unacceptable" questions are referred to as: Unacceptable1, Unacceptable2, etc.
answered Jun 11, 2014 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (131,390 points)