Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Auto Web Upload - a problem with perl (?)

When I try to update the survey on the server I get an error box:

"An error occurred when applying survey changes. Error: error reading QST file.. System error : The Build ID in the QST (1395676212) does not match the Build ID in the Perl files (1400612575). Make sure you are using the Perl files that installed with SSI Web".

I did not changes any Perl files.

When uploading I also get a communicate "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

What shall I do to track and fix the problem?
asked Jun 2, 2014 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
It sounds like you have some mismatches between the files.  Ideally, when using the auto-upload capabilities in SSI Web, the software will compare files locally with those on the web server, and update what it needs to.

If your study is not live, you might try deleting the study folder where you initially uploaded and then trying the upload again.

If this doesn't fix things, you'll probably need to contact our support team and send in your study (support@sawtoothsoftware.com).  It would be helpful to include a screenshot of the error, and provide us with FTP access to the server so we can take a look.
answered Jun 3, 2014 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,810 points)