Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

MaxDiff Labels on the Top AND Bottom?

I am trying to program a MaxDiff with relatively large images in it.  The exercise requires scrolling, and we want to set it so that the Best/Worst labels appear at both the top and the bottom of the screen.

I am using SSIWeb 8.3.2 but there is no option to do this here.  Am I missing it somewhere?  Is there a way to do it?

Thanks!
asked May 26, 2014 by Joel Anderson Bronze (1,310 points)

2 Answers

+1 vote

Best answer
Sorry, no built in way to do it.

Free-format is one option to script the design in and make a custom layout for the task.

Off the top of my head, you might be able to put something into the footer and make it look like it's part of the MaxDiff task. It will probably require a little knowledge of CSS to minimize the white space between the task and the footer.

Another thought would be to use smaller images and tool tips so that the big images show on mouse-over.
answered May 27, 2014 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,515 points)
selected May 28, 2014 by Joel Anderson
Thanks Brian. Maybe I'll try the CSS solution sometime.  I also really like the idea of doing a tooltip mouseover.  I think we may go that route.
+1 vote
I suggest, you should try to create free format pages for each maxdiff question. and use simple html formatting in a way so that worst and best will be come top and bottom. Now use functions (MaxDiffDesignLabel(ExerciseName_MaxDiffQuestionName, Position#)
) to call label in between the worst and best position.
answered May 27, 2014 by Rajesh Rana Gold (23,530 points)
Thanks for your quick reply!  I somewhat expected free format to be the answer, but I was just seeing if there was another way first :)