Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to change the ErrText() function in constant sum question

dear Sawtooth forum users,

I am stuck since this morning with a silly problem: I have a very simple and straightforward constant sum question, which is part of a survey that will be administred in French. I cannot manage to find a way to edit the ErrText function of constant sum questions (which return, for instance "The responses need to sum to 100. Their current sum is 70") to change the language. Using the "Error Message setting" Tab, under constant sum advance settings, only seems to add text in addition to the implemented function. E.g "The responses need to sum to 100. Their current sum is 70 blalblabla"

Any idea how this could be done?
asked May 22, 2014 by Albatus Bronze (545 points)
The error to edit is the "constant sum" error.

1 Answer

+1 vote

Best answer
You can change the text of error messages by going to your survey settings (go to compose-survey settings or just click on the screwdriver icon) and then go to the error messages tab and you will see all the different error messages and what the current text is.  Just change it there.
answered May 22, 2014 by Jay Rutherford Gold (22,450 points)
selected May 22, 2014 by Albatus
Brilliant. I'm quite new to Sawtooth and I missed this tab so far. Thanks for pointing it out to me!