Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to import data from ssi web to smrt?

Hello,

I want to import the utility estimates (logit) from ssi web to smrt. I have already imported the hbu. fil (generic conjoint file) from ssi web to smrt. But now, I want to do a utiliy run in SMRT, but the following error report appears:
Logit is unable to continue because no data exists. Perhaps the respondent filter returned zero qualified respondents.

I am wondering at the moment about this error message, because there is any data in the CBC Report I generated with SSI Web.

Has anybody an idea, how to solve this issue?

Thanks.
asked May 19, 2014 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
The HBU file contains the utility parameters, not the raw choice data.  If you wanted to run logit again then you need to first export the choice data and bring the resulting .CHO and .ATT files into SMRT via the File -> Import Data option.

You'll get the same answer, though, so there really isn't any benefit to going through the extra steps of exporting data, manually importing it, and then running utility estimation inside of SMRT, when it's a lot easier to do it inside of SSI Web.  

As a side note, if available, HB should produce a superior set of utilities to use in market simulations, as HB will give you an individual set of utilities for each respondent, rather than a single set of utilities for all respondents like Logit gives.
answered May 19, 2014 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,315 points)