Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How do you make the page submit automatically after the timer expires?

I am using SSI Web 7.0.3.

I am looking to do 2 things,

#1. Gray out the next button so that participants know that it is active when the timer runs out. I would prefer to have the timer counting down on the button so that participants can see it (I've done this in previous versions of SSI Web but not in this one.

#2. Have the page submit and move on automatically once the timer runs out so that I don't have to wait until the participant clicks the next button. This will allow me to control exposure length completely.

Thank you in advance.
related to an answer for: Delay navigation button
asked Apr 9, 2014 by Eddy

1 Answer

0 votes

Best answer
Eddy, here's some code for SSI Web 7 to hide the next button and then auto submit the page after 30 seconds (30,000 milliseconds). Just place the code somewhere on the page.

<style>
.graphical_next_button {display:none;}
</style>

<script type="text/javascript">
   window.onload = function () {
   setTimeout('SSI_SubmitMe()', 30000);
   }
</script>
answered Apr 9, 2014 by Nathan Bryce Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (7,300 points)
Thanks Nathan. I also realized that the reason I was having an issue with the graying out of the next button was because I had it set to "Graphic" in the settings of the study. For the Graying out of the button to work, the study needs to be set to "Text" submit button.