Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

How to ask the best, the average and the worst concepts in calibration section?

I´m setting up an ACBC Conjoint. After the choice tournament I would like to have a calibration section with only three concepts. The conceps shown in the calibration section should be the best (or third best), the average and the worst (or third worst) concept of each respondent. Maybe it´s possible by paying attention to the utilities of each respondent?

Can anyone give me advice?
asked Apr 8, 2014 by Hansson (270 points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
ACBC's automatic Calibration Concept section is programmed to show the following concepts:

1) BYO

2) "Not a possibility" concept

3) A "winner" from the tournament

4) A "loser" from the tournament

5) (Repeat pattern of last three, if needed)

6) Winning concept from the tournament

You cannot change its behavior.  And, because ACBC does not have capability to estimate "scores on the fly", you couldn't self-program it to behave like you want.

Why not just use ACBC's Calibration section as it is?  It asks for purchase intent about a wide range of product concepts (in terms of expected utility).  We believe it works well as already programmed.  

And, asking only 3 calibration concepts doesn't give you a lot of information from which to estimate a "None" threshold.  I'd recommend five or six.
answered Apr 8, 2014 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (141,465 points)