Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Removing the meta tag currently forcing IE to Emulate IE7

Hi.

I would like to have the CSS  property "border-radius" work within my survey when viewed via Internet Explorer. To do this I believe I need to remove the meta tag that causes Internet Explorer to Emulate IE7 (because "border-radius" is not supported by IE7). And I can do this via the "Advanced" tab within "Survey Settings".

So I am just wondering if removing the META Tag forcing IE to emulate IE7, will expose me (my survey) to some other world of pain I would otherwise be shielded from? (i.e. do Sawtooth surveys have problems with IE versions 8+ ?)

I am using SSI Web v8_2_4

Many thanks again
Russell
asked Mar 31, 2014 by rapizel Bronze (1,420 points)
retagged Mar 31, 2014 by Walter Williams

2 Answers

0 votes
As far as I know (I do it often) there's no problem with removing this META.
Be careful to "re-add" the META's for language and character encoding (UTF-8) to avoid some (bad) surprises ...

To have your border-radius work as you expect, change the DOCTYPE to use HTML5
answered Mar 31, 2014 by phronexia Bronze (3,270 points)
Thanks!
In version 8.3.2 which is a free upgrade from 8.2.4 we have removed the emulate IE 7 meta tag.
Hi,

Is it possible to remove it in version 7.30?

Thank you
no, it's not possible in the 7.x versions...
0 votes
In version 8.3.2 (which is a free upgrade from 8.2.4) we have removed the emulate IE 7 meta tag.
answered Mar 31, 2014 by Justin Luster Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (7,375 points)