Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

List of CBC randomized scenarios for "paper" survey and later analysis?

I have a golden opportunity to conduct market research among a group of hard-to-reach users.  The setting is such that I will be meeting witht he group in person and there will not be computers available to do a CBC ont he computer.  Is there a way to print a bunch of DOE-randomized conjoint scenarios (or even just a list of the randomized orders and levels of each veriable) so I can administer the test on paper, then manually input the data back into the Sawtooth software for analysis?
asked Mar 8, 2014 by Tyler

1 Answer

0 votes
Our CBC software includes a nice "paper-and-pencil" capability.  In our SSI Web documentation (SSI Web is the suite that contains CBC software), you can read about and use the "paper-and-pencil" capability.  

CBC creates a questionnaire for you (you typically will use 3 to 5 "versions" or blocks of the CBC questionnaire).  CBC saves the questionnaires to .HTML files that may be opened with Microsoft Word and printed.  

When you collect the respondents answers, you just need to format them in an Excel .CSV file, with CaseID, version of the questionnaire seen, and then respondent answers.  CBC then imports the data from that .CSV file, and then you are off in analysis as if CBC software had collected the data over the Web.  It's not very hard to do.
answered Mar 9, 2014 by Bryan Orme Platinum Sawtooth Software, Inc. (131,990 points)