Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

CBC/HB Error Message: "Engine could not be unlocked"

I uploaded the .chs file in the CBC HB software, it is checked for errors, no errors or warnings are generated. The cbchb file is successfully built. After that, when i run the estimation, I get the error " The engine could not be unlocked, please check if you are using the correct module version"

Please help
asked Jan 6, 2012 by anonymous
edited Jan 6, 2012 by Walter Williams
I will try that and let you know. Thanks

2 Answers

+3 votes
This usually occurs when someone installs version 5, and then installs version 4 without uninstalling version 5 first.  The v4 installer does not try to overwrite the newer engine from v5.

To correct the problem, uninstall any and all copies of CBC/HB you may find in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.  Then make sure the file CoCBCHBEngine.dll has been removed from the following folders:

(for 32-bit) C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sawtooth Software
(for 64-bit) C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sawtooth Software

If it is still there, delete it.  Then go ahead and install the version to which you are licensed.
answered Jan 6, 2012 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (16,250 points)
+2 votes
Do you have a chance to uninstall and reinstall the software, sounds like a license or component version mismatch
answered Jan 6, 2012 by Bahadir Ozkurt Gold (16,930 points)