Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Query database during survey

Hi. I have a survey where at several points I would like to display the average for a rating question(s), calculated using answers from all respondents who have already answered the same question (make sense?).

For a simple case, I could use quotas and quota functions to calculate and display the average, but I think this would be too cumbersome for more complicated cases i.e. when 100s of averages need to be calculated or respondents need to be filtered e.g. calculate for males only.

Is there a better way? maybe using hidden variables and unverified perl to make database calculations that can be used and displayed in a survey in real time? If you can point me in the right direction... would be much appreciated.

Or can you somehow generate and display the result of a report from the admin module? That would be ideal!

Thanks
Russell
asked Feb 4, 2014 by rapizel Bronze (1,420 points)

1 Answer

0 votes
Russell, we recently added a post to the Knowledge Base on our website that may give you a push in the right direction. The article is called, "Querying a MySQL Database Within SSI Web 8" and is found here:

https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/1376
answered Feb 5, 2014 by Nathan Bryce Silver Sawtooth Software, Inc. (7,300 points)
Thanks Nathan