Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Estimated Utilities not showing up in Utility Runs or Simulations tab - MBC

I finished running 20 submodels for a menu-price optimization project.  Because of so many submodels, I had to move the .util files from my local hard drive to a network drive.  After saving the project, closing and re-opening the project does not show my Utility runs and I cannot create a simulator based on these runs.  Any idea how I can get my project to find the .util files again so that I can create the simulator?
asked Jan 24, 2014 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
The .util files must be in the Utilities subfolder of the project to be recognized by the project.  In your case you need to move the entire project folder to the network drive and put the utility files in the correct location.
answered Jan 24, 2014 by Walter Williams Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (15,275 points)
Thank you Walter.  I did move all of the .util files into the Utilities subfolder.  I also moved the project file into the main folder on the network drive.  Even by doing this, when I open the project, I do not see any of the models in the Utility Runs tab or the Create Excel Simulator function.  Any other ideas on how I can make the project read the utility files?  I actually have another separate project that ran the exact same models but on a different group of respondents.  I used the exact same process for that group of runs and have been able to create the excel simulator for the most part (though am getting an error that says something about the Mean Beta constrained file when it tries to save two of my models to the simulator).