Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Tooltips in CBC

Hi,

I am having trouble to put Scrollover-fields into a CBC; I need some rollover-functions in text and level-description; using SSI WEB 7 I cant make it work not even with the tutorial "Tool Tips for SSI Web".
Hope somebody can help!

Best
Andrew
asked Jan 4, 2012 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
Probably the best advice is to start as simple as possible.  Make a fresh survey with just a single Text/Filler question, and set things up with just a single tool tip on a word on the page.  If that works, then you build up in complexity, testing at each point when you add or change something.  Once you get it working in a nice simple environment, it should be very quick to do the same thing by wrapping your span tags around conjoint attribute and level text in the CBC settings.

You can also try out the beta of SSI Web version 8 for free until the end of the month, where tool tips are an integrated feature of the software.  Sign up at https://www.sawtoothsoftware.com/product-blog/v8-beta/.
answered Jan 5, 2012 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,915 points)
Hi Brian,
thanks for the once again very fast answer.
I've just found the problem with my setting up tooltips. In the Tool Tips for SSI Web it says to include mootools when you use SSI Web 6 or earlier. As I am running SSI Web 7 I didnt take care of this. But after lots of useless tests and error messages I just included mootools and it worked right away.
I look forward to try the BETA v8.
Thanks again!