Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Grid quesiton scale 0 to 10

Hi,

I am using free format to get rating scale as 0 to 10. I know it is possible on data using recode sytnax.

Any help on this. I can get 0 to 10 scale on run time.  I am using v7
asked Oct 30, 2013 by IL Bronze (1,580 points)
Sorry it won't help you with version 7, but this is accomplished easily in version 8 using the semantic differential question type.  It allows you to control scale values.

2 Answers

+4 votes

Best answer
User this script with jquery library. Mine question name is Q6 so change accordingly

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery.noConflict();
    jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {
        //use this for a grid with radio selects
        $(".grid_c2").children(".HideElement").val(function () {
            return 0;
        });

var i = 1;
        for (i = 1; i <= 8; i++) {//put the number of rows here
            var y = $("#Q6_r" + i + "_row"); //put the question number here
            var x = 1;
            if (y.children(".hideRadio").val() == 0 && y.children(".hideAnswered").val() == 1) {
                y.children(".grid_c1").children(".HideElement").removeAttr("checked");
                y.children(".grid_c1").children(".graphical_select").removeClass("radioboxselected");
                y.children(".grid_c1").children(".graphical_select").addClass("radiobox");
                y.children(".grid_c2").children(".HideElement").attr("checked", "checked");
                y.children(".grid_c2").children(".graphical_select").removeClass("radiobox");
                y.children(".grid_c2").children(".graphical_select").addClass("radioboxselected");
            } else if (y.children(".hideRadio").val() == 1 && y.children(".hideAnswered").val() == 1) {
                y.children(".grid_c2").children(".HideElement").removeAttr("checked");
                y.children(".grid_c2").children(".graphical_select").removeClass("radioboxselected");
                y.children(".grid_c2").children(".graphical_select").addClass("radiobox");
                y.children(".grid_c1").children(".HideElement").attr("checked", "checked");
                y.children(".grid_c1").children(".graphical_select").removeClass("radiobox");
                y.children(".grid_c1").children(".graphical_select").addClass("radioboxselected");
            } 

}
        if (($(".hideRadio").val() == "") && ($(".hideAnswered").val() == "0")) {
            $(".graphical_select").removeClass("radioboxselected");
            $(".HideElement").removeAttr("checked");
        }
    });
</script>
answered Nov 6, 2013 by Rajesh Rana Gold (23,530 points)
selected Nov 6, 2013 by IL
Perfect Thanks for this.
+2 votes
If you are using free format questions, you can modify the value of the radio button.

If you have SSI Web write the script for a radio button, you'll end up with something like this:

<div class="input_cell clickable"> [%RadioSelect(Q1_radio1, 1)%] </div>

If you change the 1 to a 0, then the radio button will save a 0 to the database instead of a 1.
answered Nov 1, 2013 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (38,990 points)
Thanks Brian, But i have to use randomization there. Free format is not best solution for this. I also need alternative color pattern for rows. Any other idea.
You can actually put the entire grid row, from <tr> to </tr> into a list item and then randomize it, but alternating colors wouldn't work well.  Why do you need to change the radio button to a zero during the survey, as opposed to post-processing it?