Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Internet speed

Is there anyway to capture respondents internet speed inside the survey? Any idea.
asked Oct 30, 2013 by IL Bronze (1,580 points)

1 Answer

+2 votes

Best answer
I don't know anyway to achieve this... Youc an access some info from respondant like the Browser used, if JavaScript is enabled, the Operating System, and the IP address. But I don't know a way to capture the internet speed...

May with some javascript, (I did not tested it) this link could be useful
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5529718/how-to-detect-internet-speed-in-javascript
answered Oct 30, 2013 by phronexia Bronze (3,270 points)
selected Oct 30, 2013 by IL
Thanks for the suggestion. I am working on this.
Another useful system field in Sawtooth is the UserAgent field which forms part of every survey. It tells us a bit about each respondent such as the device they may have used doing the survey plus a host of other things. I'm not so sure it indicates internet speed?
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your precision about UsrAgetn field but I'm sure it  does not indicate the internet speed...  ^_^...
I can't recall all of the contents but I'm not sure of the full details it contains.
Yes, we can't remeber everything every time. UserAgent field returns only info about browser (which one with version number something like
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36
for GoogleChrome last version