Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

Conditional Display in ACBC / condition variable out of conjoint ex.

Hi
What would be the most efficient way?

When I use conditional display in a ACBC excercise but want to show pictures dependent on an answer given before the ACBC excercise?

Example:
I ask the preferred colour of a table

The conditional display is about showing different tables (round, squared) as well as different materials (metal, wood).
But I want to show them all the different tables in their preferred colour. So the condition includes an answer given earlier in the questionnaire?

Should this be done using unverified pearl or is there a more eficient solution?

Thank you
asked Sep 4, 2013 by steve
Just to clarify, color would never be an attribute in the design?
No it is not part of the conjoint.

1 Answer

0 votes
There's two ways I can think of off the top of my head I would probably try this.

The first would be to name the files so that they relate to the color choice in the survey.  For example, if the color question was Q14 and first answer my question was Red, then I would make all my red pictures be something like PicA1.jpg, PicB1.jpg, PicC1.jpg.  Then where I wanted the images, I would try something like PicA[%Q14%].jpg.  The script will read the answer for Q14, replace it with 1 if I chose red, and the resulting HTML would be PicA1.jpg.

The second option would be to build a list with all the HTML to display the images in different colors.  Then I would use some perl to say "If Q14=1, add list items 1-10, if Q14=2 then add list items 11-20" and so forth.  Then where I want to display the actual images, I would just put [%ListLabel(ConstructedListName,1)%] to display the first image.
answered Sep 5, 2013 by Brian McEwan Gold Sawtooth Software, Inc. (37,410 points)
Thank you for these ideas. It does work with unverified perl but these solutions might be superior.
Will check it.