Have an idea?

Visit Sawtooth Software Feedback to share your ideas on how we can improve our products.

CSS Help - Hide checkbox

I have added the below code to hide checkbox from the question. It is not working. Am I missing any syntax?

<style type="text/css">
#PP5_r6_c1
{
display:none;
}
</style>

<style type="text/css">
#PP5_r7_c1
{
display:none;
}
</style>

asked Aug 19, 2013 by Lawrence Bronze (2,100 points)
I have added '_graphical' to the variable name and it worked.
Sorry for the trouble.
It is going to hide button using css after putting _graphical. But you can go next by selecting that <td> basically at back end, we are having clickable class

1 Answer

+3 votes
Hi ,

I never used css to hide this type of button. I used below type of code. Please replace Study_name with your studyname before upload.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Study_Name/graphics/system/jquery-ui-1.8.17.min"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery.noConflict();
    jQuery(document).ready(function ($) {
        $("#PP5_r6_c1_graphical").parent("td").removeClass("clickable");
        $("#PP5_r7_c1_graphical").parent("td").removeClass("clickable");
document.getElementById("PP5_r6_c1_graphical").visibility = 'hidden';
document.getElementById("PP5_r6_c1_graphical").disabled = 'true';
document.getElementById("PP5_r6_c1_graphical").className = 'HideElement';
document.getElementById("PP5_r7_c1_graphical").visibility = 'hidden';
document.getElementById("PP5_r7_c1_graphical").disabled = 'true';
document.getElementById("PP5_r7_c1_graphical").className = 'HideElement';
   });
</script>
answered Aug 19, 2013 by Rajesh Rana Gold (23,430 points)
Rajesh, I get this error "SSI_UpdateQuestionErrHash(strVarName, strQuestName, strErrorMessage); } "

Sorry, I am not a programming guy to understand enough. However, I tried in web but couldn't understand anything.
Rajesh, I was trying this code under "Advanced - Custom Java Script Verification" area. It didn't work.

I put this code under 'footer' and it worked. Now I understand the use of this script. You are trying to run the script while page loading.

Great!
Yes, you need to put this under footer and it will work. It will not allow to select back end cell for that particular radio button as well. If you go with hiding radio button, you still can select that cell.